Thursday, November 5, 2009

Questions to new friends

Today I wanted several students to respond to you. We are missing half of the class because of volleyball games and field trips, so only half of the students were present and able to respond. But we hope to get the students involved when they return. Each student below responded to your greetings below. Thank you for taking the time to do introductions. Here are some answers and more questions:

Hi Elina Manuta and Anitha Rione Lainda! My name is Elizabeth Williams. I am 16 ears old and a 10th grader. I like to listen to music, sing, read and be around my friends. I am the type of person who speaks her mind which means I am not why when it comes to talking to people I don't know. Or it means if I have a problem I will tell you, but I am a down to earth girl. I like some types of sports like basketball and football. I like to watch movies and listen to music from the 60s and 70s. I would like to know specific examples of what you are learning in school? And what is netball? What kind of game is it? Do you listen to music? Do you like to read books? Tell me what kinds. Also I want to ask you what is the cause of you all stating that you dislike fighting?

Hey Rosemary! My name is Sarah Anne and I am 15 years old. I am very into sports; I play basketball, volleyball and run track. I also enjoy hunting, it is hunting season right now. Do you hunt? So how hot does it get there? In summertime here it can get up to 100 but it can be below -10 or -20 in the winter. I love hot weather. It rains here a lot! Pretty much every month it rains or snows and it is green here too, all the time. I love to swim with my friends. Do you have a favorite book or music? Also, what is netball? It is going to be so educational and cool to see a response from you. Thank you. Sarah Anne

Hello Simijon and Filomine! My name is Cody Orr and I am 15 years old. My favorite sport is basketball and it takes place in winter which is right about now. I am the long haired kid with a Looney Toons shirt on. I dislike school but overall it is good for me. I am a better athlete then student. My favorite subject is math and I would like to be an engineer someday. A couple of questions for both of you: Do you hunt? What is netball? What sports do you play?

Hi Nduna Tsapa. My name is Sarah Weiser. I am 17 years old and and I am wondering if you like your town and school? Also what type of music groups do you listen to? I like country western music but I don't have a favorite group. Do you know this type of music? What types of books do you like? Do you like writing poems, personally I do not like writing poetry. Also you wrote about cultural dancing, can you tell me more about this? I don't know what this is and more about your tribe. Can't wait to see a reply.

My home boys Frans Eke Jackson and Joeseph Petrus, Sup Mista Jackson and Mista Petrus. How you doin: I bet it is really hot here you live. My name is Steven Erickson and I have black hair and I think that I am the most awesome kid in my class. I am 15 years old and we live in a area that gets very cold in the winter. I mean at the worst point in the winter it gets down to 30 below zero. I absolutely positively love music and all types are fine with me. What do you listen to and tell me more about the weather and your culture.

Hi Zitha, Susana and Reginah. I'm Jeremy Akin, 16 years old. Thanks for your response and filling us in about your coutnry. It is cold and rainy here in Montana. Every fall we have a hunting season for deer and elk. Hunting is super fun. Do people hunt where you live? I like different types of music but love crunk-core such as Hollywood Undead. How bout you? Life in Troy is slow but great. Hope you blog back.

Hello Michael, Johanna Hdjamba and Felistas Kutero. My name is Danielle Milles but just call me Dannie. I just turned 16 on October 23 and I got to travel to Jamaica. It was beautiful. I would love to see photos of your home town. It must be pretty. Right now it is getting cold and nearing the snowy season. I miss summer but my favorite season is fall when all the leaves on the trees change color. I love to play soccer. In school , I enjoy drawing, music, and math. I love to take photos though. I live differently than my friends. They live in houses with electricity. I live in a garage with a dirt floor but just last week we got electricity. My dad and I are working towards a real house by next year. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you. Your friend, Dannie


Thank you all for reading. We will post pictures of our town and school. I have been waiting for a day when it is not raining to take pictures but it has not happened as of yet.

No comments: